Effective July 2, 2021: Fire ban in all day-use areas and backcountry campgrounds in Jasper National Park.
There are currently no active wildfires in Jasper National Park.
Attention! Heatwave causing rising water levels in Jasper National Park
- Extreme heat, rain and/or snow melt cause water levels to rise quickly
- Floods and washouts may happen on roads, trails, and near waters
- Boulders, snow, and ice may fall (down) from mountain sides, cliffs, and canyons
- Some water crossings may be unsafe for hikers
- Be prepared to change your plans
- Check 511.alberta.ca for road updates
- Check the trail conditions report
- Safety is your responsibility!
With more than 1000 kilometres of trails and routes to choose from, backcountry camping is a great way to experience the rugged and untamed wilderness of Jasper National Park. The park offers something for everyone, from easy, one-night escapes to 10-day adventures.
Book your backcountry permit:
- Reservation launch: April 16, 2021 at 8 am MDT
- Online 24/7 at: pc.gc.ca/bookjasperbackcountry
- By calling: 1-877-RESERVE (1-877-737-3783)