Facilities and Services
Visitor Services Area
Woodside's Visitor Services area is located in the basement of the historic house. Audio-visual presentations on the King family and Woodside can be enjoyed in the theatre.
The exhibit room has a host of Victorian games such as crokinole, bagatelle, and discovery basket for visitors to play. Woodside's children's book entitled Gert's Trip to the Past is one of the many stories parents can read to their children in our Reading Corner.
- Main floor and administration office - wheelchair accessible
- Enhanced lighting along stairway and in library
- Photo album and video of second floor rooms can be viewed on main floor
- Open captioned audio-visual program available
- Hands-on experience in historic rooms
- Accessible parking and pathway
- Wheelchair accessible picnic area
- Wheelchair accessible washrooms
Woodside provides ample free parking near the historic site. A short walk on a paved pathway leads directly to the visitor entrance. The parking lot closes at 5:00pm daily. A bike rack is available for cyclists.
Wheelchair accessible washrooms are available in the picnic shelter located next to the parking lot. Limited restrooms are available in the historic house; not wheelchair accessible.
Local Community Services
Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge are growing urban centres with a full complement of services. Please visit "Explore Waterloo Region" or the "Cambridge Visitor Information Centre" to help make your visit to the area more enjoyable.