Officer’s House Bed and Breakfast Experience!
A TRULY UNIQUE BED AND BREAKFAST EXPERIENCE OFFERED AT FORT ST JAMES NHS Spend the Night in 1896! Live the Life of a Fur Trade Factor in our Officer's House
Heritage building complete with original bedding and artefacts in the rooms
© Parks Canada
Fort St. James National Historic Site is proud to offer an immersive accommodation experience that is unique in Canada. This experiential program allows park visitors to check into our Officer's Dwelling House, which was the main residence and administration centre for the Fur Trade Fort's operations for many years. Visitors to our historic site are greeted by our friendly Parks Canada interpreters, checked in to the heritage building for the night (complete with original bedding and artefacts in the rooms) and served dinner and breakfast in traditional style of 1896.
Fort St. James National Historic Site
© Parks Canada
Visitors who wish to book this new and unique opportunity should note the following:
- The Fort St. James National Historic Site bed and breakfast program operates from mid June – mid September every year. Special off-season dates may be considered.
- Prices are $100/person and is limited to one group per night. Maximum occupancy is 4 people per night (two double beds or two couples/4 group members). Group charge of $300 for party of 4.
- Reservations must be made 24 hrs in advance. Fort St. James National Historic Site also works with a 24 hour cancellation policy.
- Facilities at the historic site are of a rustic nature and guests should be moderately self-sufficient when booking this opportunity.The Officer’s House has no plumbing: showers and washroom facilities are available in seperate buildings a short walk from the main sleeping quarters.
Guests must check in before 4pm before venturing out to explore elsewhere that night. Guests participate in a brief orientation to the historic site, it’s heritage, our facilities and the safe stewardship of heritage buildings and artefacts.
Visitors have the choice of having stew, apple pie and a biscuit, which will be ready for them at 5 pm, or the visitors may also choose to have steak or a salmon fillet served with a baked potato and corn which they will have to prepare themselves on on a Cobb stove. The Cobb stove is a simple, compact, briquette fired portable stove which is flameless and easy to use. Meal upgrades including Cornish Game Hen, Rack of Lamb, Prime Rib and other items may be available for an added charge: please inquire at the time of reservation.
Breakfast will be served at 8 am. Breakfast will consist of pancakes and sausages. Visitors will also have a selection of beverages including coffee, tea and juice.
Visitors check out at our front desk in the main Visitor Centre shortly after breakfast. Visitors may have the option of spending the day at the historic site and partaking in activities on site such as hide tanning demonstrations, gardening, pie baking or historic games.
- Fresh fruit bowl in your room.
- Check in time: 4pm
- Check out time: 9am
- Fee: $100/person
- Group rate: $300 (party of 4 people)
How to make a reservation
Please call: 250-996-7191 ext. 25
Email: email@example.com OR
Send a letter to: Fort St. James National Historic Site, PO Box 494, Fort St. James, BC V0J 1P0
For more information about Fort St James National Historic Site or our surrounding community,
Call: Fort St. James Chamber of Commerce: 1-800-608-7698
Fort St. James National Historic Site is part of the Parks Canada system of protected places across Canada. For more information on the site, our programs or any information provided above contact us at: 250-996-7191