Solve the Space-time Rift: Manitoba's Virtual Scavenger Hunt
Things are not as they seem here in Manitoba... up is down, yesterday is today, and seasons are switching! There seems to be a rift in the space-time continuum: the present and the past are happening all at once!
Manitoba’s 150th anniversary opened a hole in time: you must help close the rift and save the province! Quickly, before time itself unravels, hear voices from Manitoba’s past and collect clues in this scavenger hunt. You will travel all over Parks Canada places in Manitoba without ever leaving your home!
Visit all the unstable areas where Manitoba’s past is pushing into the present. Our scientists prepared maps for you to use: travel into virtual space to close the rift and protect the future! Parks Canada has gathered some information, but it’s not complete: you must answer each clue.
Explore each unstable area with Google Street View and collect an answer to the clue at each location. Write your answers down and then move on to the next clue.
After you visit all seven sites, you will put together the ultimate answer which will close the space-time rift and save Manitoba for another 150 years!
To explore Street View on a phone or tablet:
- To look around, drag your finger on the screen or tap the compass.
- To move around, swipe left or right. You can also swipe up or down on the blue line.
- To see a wider view and change to landscape mode, turn your device sideways.
- To zoom in, pinch open on the screen. To zoom out, pinch closed on the screen.
To explore Street View on a computer:
- To move around, hover your cursor in the direction you want to go. Your cursor becomes an arrow that shows which direction you're moving.
- To look around, click and drag your mouse. You can also use the arrows to the left and right of the compass.
- To zoom in or out, scroll with your mouse or two-finger zoom with a touchpad. You can also use + and - below the compass.
- Date modified :