Thaidene Nene National Park Reserve
Consider Thaidene Nene National Park Reserve the ultimate place for a picnic by the lake! The tradition of eating a fresh fish lunch on the shores is a signature experience in this part of the NWT.
Things to consider:
- You need a fishing permit from Parks Canada to fish in Thaidene Nene National Park Reserve.
- When in the National Park Reserve dispose of fish entrails in deep water.
- For firewood, collect sticks and branches from the ground that can be broken by hand. If you need more wood, or are travelling in winter, you can harvest standing deadwood as needed for fires.
- Keep fires small. Use existing fire rings or a firebox to minimize your impact.
- Put out campfires completely, then scatter cool ashes.
- Grizzly bears and black bears frequently use the shoreline for travel and to search for food. Do not leave food scraps and other waste behind for bears to find. Food-conditioned bears learn to associate people with food and can become potentially dangerous.
- For more information please read about Leave No Trace and Bear Safety .
- Date modified :