Trent-Severn Waterway National Historic Site
Experience camping like never before!
A cross between a tent and a rustic cedar cabin, an oTENTik is a unique accommodation for visitors to enjoy camping with the convenience of a bed and a campsite set up and ready to go. This type of accommodation is the perfect way for families, friends and people of all ages to discover the joys of camping without the added investment of camping equipment. The oTENTik provides an ideal base camp for people looking to explore the Trent-Severn Waterway, nearby nature trails, and easily accessible locations for canoes and kayaks.
Where to find them
Know before you go
Please note: There is no electricity, plumbing, running water or heat source inside the oTENTik.
- Bunk-bed style beds on a raised floor with enough room to comfortably sleep 5-6 people*
- Indoor table and bench/chairs
- Solar-powered interior light and USB outlet
- Handheld 12V battery-powered lamp
- Broom and dustpan
- Fire extinguisher; smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Ample storage space under beds for gear and belongings
*Please note: blankets and pillows are not provided.
- Food storage unit
- Food preparation station
- Propane BBQ and propane
- Fire pit
- Picnic table
- Deck chairs
- Daily vehicle parking lot located near the lockstation
What to bring
- Bedding and pillow(s)
- Flashlight, lantern or headlamp
- Personal gear: clothing, accessories, toiletries and slippers or indoor shoes
- Personal safety items: whistle, first aid kit, sunscreen and bug repellant
- Cooking equipment
- Food and drinks, reusable water bottles, etc.
- Entertainment (i.e. binoculars, books, cards, sporting equipment, etc.)
- Other (matches or lighter, rope, etc.)
Facilities at the lock
- Basic on-site washroom facilities are located within walking distance at the nearby lockstation
- Potable water is available at the lockstation
- Additional amenities (such as showers and dishwashing sinks) vary by location
Cost to reserve:
Reservation fees for Parks Canada oTENTik sites may vary. Please visit our Fees page for current information.
Phone number: 1-877-RESERVE (737-3783)
When you get here
- Staff hours:
- Lock Staff will be available between 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm See all hours of operation
- After hours registration:
- If you plan on arriving outside of operational hours, please call the lockstations directly to obtain registration instructions, plus information on washroom access and purchasing wood for a campfire
- Check-in time:
- 3:00 pm
- Early check-ins may be available. Visitors are encouraged to call the lock station for early check-in times
- Lockstation hours of operations are limited. Plan your arrivals in advance
- Check-out time:
- Before 11:00 am
- Quiet hours:
- 10:00 pm - 7:00 am
- Maximum length of stay:
- No maximum
- Maximum persons per accommodation:
- Up to 6 people
- Maximum vehicles per accommodation:
- 2 vehicles maximum
- Extra camping units allowed beside the accommodation:
- No additional camping units permitted
- Generator policy:
- No Generators provided. Use of generators is limited to 7:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Minimum age policy:
- A minimum of one adult (19 years of age or older) per oTENTik is required
- Internet/Wi-Fi access:
- Wi-Fi is not available at this section of the Rideau Canal
- Mobile/Cell reception:
Rules that apply to the other camping sites along the Trent-Severn Waterway also apply to Parks Canada oTENTik sites. Before you visit, please review all Visitor Guidelines.
Only guide dogs or support animals are allowed inside the oTENTik structures. Pets in the park must be leashed at all times.
CookingFor safety reasons, cooking is NOT allowed inside the oTENTik. Please use the outdoor propane bbqs or firepits provided.
CleaningThe oTENTik must be cleaned prior to departure. Please use the broom and dustpan provided.
Garbage and recycling
If you accumulate any garbage or recycling during your stay, please use the bins located at the lockstation.
Please store food, drinks, and scented products securely in the metal storage bins supplied on your oTENTik site so that wildlife does not seek access to your oTENTik. Please do not leave any garbage or recycling in the storage boxes upon departure.
Swimming, diving and bathing are strictly prohibited at all navigation channels along the Trent-Severn Waterway.
Alcohol and cannabis
Possession and consumption of alcohol is enforced in accordance with the Ontario Liquor License Act. The act prohibits consuming or having an open container of liquor on docks, shelters and public areas. Liquor can be consumed at your rented oTENTik site ONLY.
Cannabis consumption is prohibited around cooking shelters and public areas, and is restricted to your campsite. Smoking is prohibited in the oTENTiks.
Firewood can not be brought into the park. Firewood must be purchased within the site and is available at the lockstation. Campfires allowed in designated fire pits only.
Protect your forests from the Emerald Ash Borer
The Emerald Ash Borer is a highly destructive invasive insect which attacks and kills all species of ash. It has the capability to spread rapidly throughout trees and forests.
You may also like…
- Date modified :