Guided walking tour
Cape Spear Lighthouse National Historic Site
- Schedule: Offered daily June 1 to September 1, 2024 at 10:30 am and 2:00 pm.
- Cost: Included in site admission fee.
- Location: Tour begins at the Information Kiosk and ends at the Historic Lighthouse.
- Tour is approximately 1 hour in duration.
- Walking terrain is irregular and inclined with some stairs in places. Please contact us if you have accessibility concerns.
Explore the vast history and natural wonders of Cape Spear with a Parks Canada interpreter!
Starting at the kiosk, head to the most-easterly point to learn about the rich aquatic life that passes by and the unique features that make up this point of land. Get up close with a Second World War coastal defense battery, including historic cannons. End your guided experience inside the oldest surviving lighthouse in Newfoundland and Labrador, where you are invited to explore the lives of generations of lighthouse keepers here on the edge of the world.
- Date modified :