Admission fees: Travel trade
Upcoming price adjustments at Parks Canada
Effective January 1, 2020 there will be a price adjustment at Parks Canada. Learn more about these upcoming adjustments.
Free admission for youth 17 and under
Admission to all national parks, national historic sites, and national marine conservation areas operated by Parks Canada will be provided free of charge for visitors 17 and under. A pass is not required to take advantage of free admission for youth.
Free admission for youth only applies to places managed by Parks Canada. It does not apply to provincial parks, territorial parks, municipal and private parks, nor to the many historic sites not managed by Parks Canada.
Please refer to the full list of Parks Canada places before you plan your clients' visits to take advantage of free admission for youth.
What is not free?
Parks Canada is pleased to offer free admission for youth at our parks and sites, however regular fees still apply for other experiences and services, such as:
- Camping, backcountry and other accommodations
- Canadian Rockies Hot Springs
- Reservation fees
- Guided tours and hikes and programs not usually included with admission
- Some special event fees
- Backcountry overnight use
Note: This is not an exhaustive list. Please verify with the location your clients will be visiting for more information.
Phone line hours of operation: 10:00am to 6:00pm Eastern Time, Monday to Friday
Parks Canada Discovery Passes for FIT
Purchase Adult and Senior Discovery Passes for your FIT clients at NEW net rates with no minimum order required.
Canada’s national parks, national marine conservation areas and national historic sites are the ultimate awe-inspiring experience. The Discovery Pass gives your clients admission to visit over 80 protected places that typically charge a daily admission fee, faster entry and greater convenience! The pass can pay for itself in as little as seven days.
To order passes for your clients, please contact us.
Commercial Group Admission Fees
Advance notice of admission fee increases
Parks Canada is committed to provide the tourism industry with 12-18 months advance notice of new travel trade fees.
To request a list of current admission prices and those effective January 1, 2020, please contact our travel trade team at email@example.com.
Commercial group admission fees are for organized commercial groups only and are not available to FIT visitors who are visiting through an itinerary/package purchased from a tour operator.
Volume discounts for commercial group admissions are available:
- 5% for annual volumes of 500 to 2000 visitors
- 10% for annual volumes of 2001 to 3000 visitors
- 15% for annual volumes of more than 3000 visitors
Discounts will be based on the number of visitors brought by a commercial group operator during the previous year.
Maintaining High Quality Visitor Services
Parks Canada is known for providing high quality visitor experiences at Canada's world-renowned national parks and national historic sites. Parks Canada spends the money earned from fees in parks and sites where they are collected to help ensure that visitor facilities continue to meet your expectations in the years to come.
Currently, to ensure visitors have the best possible experiences, we are renewing structures like trails, campgrounds, visitor centres and parkways in our treasured places across the country. Get all the facts so your clients know what to expect when they visit.
- All prices are listed in Canadian dollars, and include all taxes applicable to the province or territory in which they are charged.
- All rates, except otherwise indicated, are on a per person per day basis.
- In most cases, rates indicated are for admission to the park or site only.
- A number of parks and sites have special services, such as step-on guides, naturalist programs and interpretive programs; please call them for information and arrangements.
- Many national parks and national historic sites are only open on a seasonal basis. Please check ahead for hours of operation.