Experience a traditional way to camp
Sleep soundly under the canvas of the traditional nomadic home of the Plains peoples, your dreams following the path of your tipi poles which connect the earth to the sky.
A detailed list of features is available when you make a reservation or on the website of your destination.
- Sleeps 5 to 8
- Picnic table
Your site may also include
- Fur Trade Camp Kit: bison hide, period cooking kit and utensils, blow tube and flint/steel fire-starting kit, bannock mix, trapper’s tea, spices, oil and soap
- Rustic tables and chairs
- Raised wooden floor
- Shared barbecue
- Fire pit
- Package that includes up to 5 cots and a lantern (additional cost)
How much does it cost?
Starting at $45.00 per night. Prices may vary depending on the time of year, level of service and location. Need extra gear? Some locations offer sleeping pads, cots and even lanterns, starting at $10.00 per night. Reserve online or go to the fees page of your destination to find pricing information.
What should you bring?
- Bedding and pillow
- Flashlight, lantern or headlamp
- Personal gear: clothing, accessories, toiletries and slippers or indoor shoes
- Personal safety items: whistle, first aid kit, sunscreen and bug repellant
- Cooking equipment, food and drinks, reusable water bottles, etc.
- Entertainment items (i.e. binoculars, books, cards or sporting equipment, etc.)
- Other (matches or lighter, rope, etc.)
- Cooking may only be done in cook shelters or outside.
- All food should be stored inside vehicles or in wildlife-proof lockers
- Be aware of any restrictions your location may have.
- Buy and burn local firewood, not deadfall or surrounding trees.
- Respect nature: leave nothing but footprints and take nothing but pictures.
- Please be respectful and maintain reasonable noise levels.
- Please leave your accommodation and site as tidy as, or tidier than, you found it.
- Smoking is not permitted inside units.
- Check with your location or in the Parks Canada Reservation Service for complete details and guidelines.