A cozy, rustic getaway
Cottage life at its best with a rustic home away-from-home in the woods. A hassle-free camping experience with a bit more privacy than the campground. Sweet dreams for happy campers.
A detailed list of features is available when you make a reservation or on the website of your destination.
- Sleeps 2 to 12 people: sleeping platforms (no bedding or mattresses included)
- Washrooms or outhouse
Your site may also include
- Camp mattress(es)
- Cupboards or shelves for food storage
- Propane two-burner hot-plate
- Picnic table
- Wood stove
- Fire pit
How much does it cost?
What should you bring?
- Bedding and pillow
- Flashlight, lantern or headlamp
- Personal gear: clothing, accessories, toiletries and slippers or indoor shoes
- Personal safety items: whistle, first aid kit, sunscreen and bug repellant
- Cooking equipment, food and drinks, reusable water bottles, etc.
- Entertainment items (i.e. binoculars, books, cards or sporting equipment, etc.)
- Other (matches or lighter, rope, etc.)
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Be aware of any restrictions your location may have.
- Buy and burn local firewood, not deadfall or surrounding trees.
- Respect nature: leave nothing but footprints and take nothing but pictures.
- Please be respectful and maintain reasonable noise levels.
- Please leave your accommodation and site as tidy as, or tidier than, you found it.
- A few cabins are animal friendly.
- Smoking is not permitted inside units.
- Check with your location or in the Parks Canada Reservation Service for complete details and guidelines.