An experience on the water unlike any other
Have a unique nautical experience by mooring your boat in one of Canada’s historic canals. Relax and enjoy activities nearby.
Moor for the night in an urban environment like Ottawa or Montreal and get preferential access to a wide selection of restaurants, services, cultural programming and major events.
Take advantage of breathtaking landscapes from wharves with natural and peaceful surroundings. Enjoy an escape into the great outdoors!
Your site may include
- Electrical hook-ups
How much does it cost?
Priced at $1 per foot per night. If available, an electrical hookup is $9.80 per day. Visit the Historic canals and waterways page for more information.
What should you bring?
This list is not exhaustive! Look at our camping checklist or download the Parks Canada App where you can edit and save your own packing checklist. You can also visit Transport Canada's website for a list of boat safety equipment.
- Personal gear: clothing, accessories, toiletries and slippers
- Personal safety items: whistle, first aid kit, sunscreen and bug repellant
- Boating safety and navigational equipment
- Entertainment items (i.e. binoculars, books or sporting equipment, etc.)
Overnight mooring locations
Visit our Historic canals and waterways overnight mooring page for more information.
- Please be respectful and maintain reasonable noise levels.
- Be respectful of the environment
- Mooring is offered on a first-come, first-served basis, docks cannot be reserved. Contact lock operators for availability.
- Mooring in the holding line during operating hours is strictly prohibited.
- Maximum continuous mooring period: 48 hours. Consult the lock operators to extend your stay.
- Check with your location for complete details and guidelines.
Contact lock operators for availability.
More questions? Let us help.