We saved you a seat!
Connect with nature and make memories in Canada’s most unique and treasured places. Find over 200 red Adirondack chairs placed in peaceful, breathtaking locations from coast to coast to coast. Rest, relax and discover the wonders Parks Canada has to offer.
While some chairs are easy to find, others require more of an adventure. There is no better feeling than finding the red chairs at the end of a challenging hike, or simply happening upon them during a leisurely stroll.
Where it all started
In 2011, team members at Gros Morne National Park came up with the idea to place 18 sets of Adirondack chairs in lesser-known, but just as stunning locations, inviting visitors to enjoy and share on social media. They even ran a contest where the first people to find all 18 pairs won their very own red chairs to enjoy. Today, the iconic red chairs can be found in over 100 locations administered by Parks Canada.
Lightbulb Did you know?
Our 200+ red Adirondack chairs are made from 100% recycled plastic saved from Canadian landfills.
Red chair locations
Are you ready to start searching for these famous red chairs? Get exploring and find a red chair today!
- Cape Breton Highlands National Park
- Fort-Anne National Historic Site
- Georges Island National Historic Site
- Grand-Pré National Historic Site
- Halifax Citadel National Historic Site
- Kejimkujik National Park
- Port Royal National Historic Site
- Sable Island National Park Reserve
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Fort Témiscamingue National Historic Site
- Lachine Canal National Historic Site
- La Mauricie National Park
- Manoir-Papineau National Historic Site
- Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve
- Pointe-au-Père Lighthouse National Historic Site
- Saint-Anne-de-Bellevue Canal National Historic Site
- Saint-Ours Canal National Historic Site