Learn-to Camp and Urban Outreach teams
Applications now closed for 2018, but you can create your profile on GC jobs today!
Motivated? Energetic? A good communicator? You are Parks Canada material!
Parks Canada is seeking highly motivated team-players with excellent communication skills to join our dynamic teams at various places this summer. Your job would be to:
- Engage audiences through activities and programs at special events, partner venues and urban areas such as parks, beaches, museums, libraries, festivals, zoos, aquariums and Parks Canada sites.
- Develop and deliver programs that help Canadians overcome barriers to planning and enjoying outdoor activities, especially at Parks Canada places, and inspire them to learn more about Parks Canada.
- Support projects, events and initiatives for a variety of priorities.
- Create and contribute content to support Parks Canada's promotions and social media engagement campaigns.
Stream 1: Parks Canada Urban Outreach Team Members
Locations: Ottawa-Gatineau, Toronto and Montreal
Parks Canada's Urban Outreach team contributes to increasing awareness, appreciation and support of Parks Canada protected areas by connecting, engaging and interacting with urban families, young adults and new Canadian audiences. Through the promotion and delivery of innovative programs and interactive presentations, the team encourages visitors to experience the outdoors and learn more about our environment, our history and experience Canada's rich heritage.
Job would include:
- Communicating with the public to deliver key messages on specific themes and programming promoting Parks Canada places and agency priorities
- Developing, organising and delivering programs at special events and partner venues in urban areas
- Supporting visitors with their trip planning to Parks Canada places
Stream 2: Parks Canada Learn-to Camp Team Members
Locations: Ottawa-Gatineau and Montreal
Parks Canada’s Learn-to Camp program introduces people to camping and gives them the opportunity to learn skills necessary to enjoy outdoor activities on their own. As part of the Learn-to Camp team you will cover more than just camping as you will encourage participants to try many different activities and programs in order to build confidence to enjoy the outdoors and the many amazing experiences Parks Canada has to offer.
Job would include:
- Assisting in the planning and delivery of activities and workshops at day and overnight Learn-to Camp events that provide opportunities for visitors to learn new skills and build confidence that will help them embark on adventures at Parks Canada places.
- Sharing your passion for nature and outdoor recreational activities with young adults, families with young children, and urban Canadians through activities and workshops in a pop up outreach setting.
For both streams, students will work for approximately 16 to 18 weeks between May and the end of August, 2018. Positions require students to work variable hours, shift-work, work on weekends and holidays, as well as work in a range of weather conditions.
- Are you a student in a co-op program? Visit our COOP section at the bottom of the Student Programs page.
- Have you already worked as a student at Parks Canada? Don't forget to specify it in your GC Jobs profile!
Follow us at Parkslife on Facebook