Mandatory registration and permits
Issued: June 22, 2020
Pursuant to section 6(1) of the National Parks General Regulations all overnight travel and camping (with the exception of the Kathleen Lake Campground**) in Kluane National Park & Reserve, between June 22 and November 15, has been designated as a hazardous activity. Visitors who will be camping are required to register prior to entering Kluane National Park & Reserve, and to de-register immediately upon their return*.
Pursuant to section 7.1(2) of the National Parks General Regulations the following are deemed designated activities within Kluane National Park & Reserve. A permit is required prior to engaging in any of these activities*:
- All camping** and overnight travel from June 22 – November 15;
- Aircraft landings and take offs (including use of UAVs and drones);
- Bringing in or keeping horses, donkeys or mules (except on the Dezadeash River Trail);
- Research activities; and
- Filming or photography for commercial purposes.
* Visitors can obtain permits, register, and deregister by calling 867-634-7207 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
** Camping at the Kathleen Lake Campground is by self-registration, and permits are available on-site (separate registration and de-registration is not required).
Approved by: Diane Wilson
Field Unit Superintendent, Yukon
Provisions of Yukon First Nation Final Agreements, court decisions, and other aboriginal rights, as reached through an agreement with Canada, may take precedence over any restrictions/prohibitions made under these Regulations.