Issued: June 22, 2020
Pursuant to section 7(1) of the National Parks General Regulations, the Superintendent may, where it is necessary for the proper management of the Park, designate certain activities as restricted or prohibited. Effective immediately, and until further notice, the following activities are hereby designated as restricted or prohibited within Kluane National Park & Reserve:
All public access and travel is prohibited in the following areas:
- Sockeye Lake and Sockeye Creek (outlet steam flowing into Louise Lake) area from July 15 – October 30; and
- Kluane Icefields Area, except at the Icefield Discovery Camp (N 60°40’29”; W -139°47’00”), or
- with written permission from the Superintendent.
Bicycles are only permitted on the following trails and roads (all off-trail and off-road bicycling within Kluane National Park & Reserve is prohibited):
- St Elias Lake Trail
- Mush Lake Road
- Shorty Creek Trail
- Kathleen Lake Day Use Area, Campground, Campground to Day Use Area Trail, and Access Roads
- Cottonwood Trail
- Auriol Trail
- Dezadeash River Trail
- Alsek Valley Access Road and Trail
- ’A’ą̈y Chù’ (Slims) East Access Road
- ’A’ą̈y Chù’ (Slims) West Access Road and Trail
- Bullion Plateau Trail
- Sheep Creek Trail
Use of personalized watercraft (including Sea-Doos, Wave Runners, and Jet Skis) is prohibited throughout Kluane National Park & Reserve.
Gliding, parachuting and BASE jumping
Hang-gliding, paragliding, parachuting, skydiving, and BASE jumping (including wing-suit jumping) is prohibited throughout Kluane National Park & Reserve.
Approved by: Diane Wilson
Field Unit Superintendent, Yukon
Provisions of Yukon First Nation Final Agreements, court decisions, and other indigenous rights, as reached through an agreement with Canada, may take precedence over any restrictions/prohibitions made under these Regulations.