Bear warning: Kathleen Lake
Issued: August 26, 2020
Ends: September 15, 2020
What: Special caution is recommended when camping and travelling in this area.
Where: Kathleen Lake campground, day-use area, King’s Throne and Kokanee Trails.
Why: Black bear frequenting the area displaying indifferent behaviour.
Keep a clean campsite
- Never leave these items unattended: food, coolers, garbage, dishes, pet food, cosmetics or toiletries.
- Do not burn garbage, use the bear proof garbage cans.
- Drain grey water in the sinks and dispose of remaining food particles.
Be prepared to encounter a bear at any time
- Pay close attention for bears when travelling in this area.
- Make noise when hiking.
- Keep all pets on a leash and keep a close eye on children.
- Carry bear spray and know how to use it.
- For more information, read the “You are in Bear Country” pamphlet available at the visitor centre and the campground registration kiosk.
Report bears immediately:
Call 24 hour emergency dispatch at
For more information, call 867-634-7207.