Summer employment with Parks Canada in Inuvik, NT
The Youth Employment and Skills Strategy is a Federal Government jobs initiative targeted at young Canadians aged 15 to 30. It supports the creation of job opportunities, with a particular focus on young people facing barriers.
The purpose is to increase employment for youth, enabling them to gain work experience, to develop skills, and to extend their networks.
Parks Canada is really excited to participate in this initiative, and youth can make a difference in our national parks, national historic sites and our sites across Canada! Parks Canada is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace by embracing this initiative, and encourages applications by youth facing barriers to employment, in particular Indigenous, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Who can apply? To be eligible to the YESS, you must be:
- Between 15 and 30 years old
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or legally entitled to work in Canada
- In addition, preference may be given to candidates who self-identify as, Indigenous, visible minorities or persons with disabilities, as well as youth facing barriers to employment.
- As such, we encourage you to self-identify in your application.
What are the benefits for you? Working with Parks Canada will allow you to:
- Gain a paid-work experience in a friendly workplace where diversity and inclusion are valued.
- Build your employment history and acquire skills, whether you are starting or advancing your career!
- Expand your network, learn how we work to serve Canadians in many ways across Canada
- Make a difference and provide hands-on support to our organization, as guardian of the national parks, national historic sites and national marine conservation areas of Canada.
Anyone who is interested in being considered, and meets the eligibility criteria above, is encouraged to submit their resume and a cover letter to:
Subject line should include: YESS, as well as last name.