Canoe, kayak or stand-up paddleboard
The hushed ripple of your paddle plying the water, the rush of water past your boat, the satisfaction of reaching your destination and the breathtaking scenery along the way; this is what is waiting for you on the waters of Prince Albert National Park.
The lakes and rivers of Prince Albert National Park offer great paddling adventures for experienced and novice paddlers alike. Whether you prefer to stand-up paddle board at your favourite beach, kayak on a gentle river or paddle your canoe across a large lake. No matter what vessel you prefer, paddling in Prince Albert National Park will leave you with memories to last a life time.
Don’t have your own paddling craft or need extra space for your group? Water craft rentals are available in Prince Albert National Park. Contact the Waskesiu Chamber of Commerce for more information.
There are a number excellent paddling routes in the park to discover and enjoy. From short paddles and day trips to overnight backcountry excursions, your next paddling adventure is waiting in Prince Albert National Park. Contact the park Visitor Centre for more information on the following paddling routes;
- Amiskowan and Shady lakes
- Spruce River
- Trippes Beach to King Island
- Waskesiu River
- Hanging Heart Lakes
Before you go:
- See the water safety page for more information
- Be prepared for all emergencies!
- Remember to wear a life jacket at all times
- Review the weather conditions and important bulletins before you go. If you are planning on camping overnight you will need a Park Use Permit.