Guided school programs 2019
School programs available Monday to Friday May 21 to June 21, 2019.
Prince Albert National Park is accepting bookings for spring school programs starting April 15th, 2019.
To book your program e-mail email@example.com or call 306-663-4510.
Heritage Presentation Special Programs:
Heritage Presentation Special Program fees are $73.60/ hour / group/ guide.
- With the move to permanent free admission for youth beginning in 2018, youth groups (aged 17 and under) no longer pay the gate entry fee.
- Please note that all heritage programs were updated to meet new curriculum links as stated on the Saskatchewan Curriculum Website.
Please note: School programs are generally two hours in length.
- Forest Friends
- Wetland Wanderers
- Bison Boot Camp!
- Boreal Explorer
- Aquatic Diversity
- Explore the Park on your own
- Cancellation Policy
- General Information
Kindergarten – Grade 3
Be introduced to some of the plants and animals that call the boreal forest their home! Through a series of games and activities, students learn about the ways that the plants and animals affect each other.
Grade 3 - 6
What lives in the water? From bugs to beavers, you will be surprised as you wander the wetlands to see who makes this place their home and how they interact with the surrounding community.
Bison Boot Camp!
Grade 4- 12
Roam into the world of bison via bison chants, with a scavenger hunt to build a bison and interactive activities about intricate connections with First Nations.
Grade 4- 12
Spruce trees, wolves, elk, fire and you are part of this Boreal forest. Explore the interactions within this community and find out how you can be a guardian of the forest.
Students explore the river or lake and the adjacent riparian zone. Learn how a water environment creates both challenges and opportunities for life. Discover the diversity and interactions in this ecosystem.
Explore the Park on your own:
- Choose one of the four self-guided hiking trails: Mud Creek, Treebeard, Boundary Bog, or Waskesiu River.
- Bring your class to the Nature Centre for hands-on learning about the park's natural and cultural heritage. Here you will find a multitude of interactive exhibits that take you to the West Side, over the wetlands, through the forests and more! The Centre opens mid-May to the end of September.
- Sign out a Nature, Geocache, or an Aquatic kit for a ‘hands-on’ boreal forest adventure with your class.
- If you need to cancel your program for any reason, please notify us within 24 hours of your booking so we may accommodate other groups on our waiting list
- If you are late on the day of the program, please phone the Visitor Centre at (306) 663-4522 or the Interpretation department (306)-663-4510
- Note: If the park is not contacted, interpreters will wait 15 minutes before they leave the meet and greet location, then the program is cancelled and you will be charged the full amount.
- We thank you for your cooperation
- No charge for teachers, chaperones, or those status within treaty 6. Adults must accompany each group of 6-8 students and participate in the program. All forms of payment accepted. Please make cheques payable to Receiver General for Canada.
- Students should dress appropriately and be prepared for at least two hours in the outdoors.
- Phone Visitor Centre at (306) 663-4522 for group camping.
- A Check List is attached to give to your students and/or parents to outline what you should wear, what to do on the bus, and on the trail.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-663-4510 to determine if there are any pre and post visit activities for the program you have chosen. On-line resources are currently under development.
Prince Albert National Park of Canada
Waskesiu Lake, SK S0J 2Y0
Phone (306) 663-4510