Sandy Lake Campground
Located near Prince Albert National Park’s South Gate entrance on scenic Highway #263, Sandy Lake campground rests within a mature forest of spruce, fir and aspen trees. Situated on the eastern shore of Sandy Lake this campground offers easy access to a great beach, picnic shelter and boat launch facilities. Sandy Lake also offers excellent Northern Pike and Walleye fishing.
Sandy Lake Campground can accommodate tents and camping units up to a maximum of 27ft.
Sandy Lake Campground features,
- 25 back-in sites, unserviced campsites
- 6 unserviced, walk-in tenting sites
- Non-reservable, campground operates on a “first come first served” self-registration basis.
- Accessible Pit toilets
- Firewood (permit can be purchased at self-registration)
- Fish cleaning station
- Camp kitchen and picnic area by lakefront
- Boat launch
- Buoyed swim area
- RV dump station 3 km south on Highway #263
Each Campsite includes,
- Picnic table
- Fire-pit (A fire permit must be purchased when checking in at self-registration.)
- Raised, gravel camping area.
There is no water supply available at the Sandy Lake Campground however potable water is supplied at the Meridan sanitation dump/fill station (3km south of Sandy Lake) and the Beaver Glen Campground in Waskesiu.
Laundry facilities and Wi-Fi are available within the town of Waskesiu. For more information on commercial services and facilities available in Waskesiu visit the Waskesiu Chamber of Commerce.
Campground Check In / Check Out
- On arrival drive through the campground and choose your site and set-up prior to registration.
- Note your site number and immediately return to the self-registration kiosk and fill in one of the envelopes provided.
- Place cash or cheque into the envelope, or fill out credit card information, making sure to include payment in full for all registered nights and fire permits.*
- Remove the permit stub portion.
- Deposit the envelope into the vault next to the self-registration kiosk.
- Place permit stub on site post.
* If you prefer to pay by debit ensure you have set up camp first and then visit the Visitor Centre in Waskesiu to make payment.
Check in time is 2:00 pm.
Check out time is 11:00 am.