Namekus Lake Campground
Located 10 km south of Waskesiu off of Highway #263, Namekus Lake campground is on the shores of Namekus Lake. This small, peaceful lake provides campers with easy access to the unspoiled natural wonders of Prince Albert National Park. Namekus Lake is closed to motorized watercraft making it the perfect destination for those seeking a true natural experience without the challenges of backcountry travel.
Namekus Lake Campground can accommodate tents and camping units up to a maximum of 24ft.
* Review all camping safety, regulations and etiquette before departure.
Namekus Lake Campground features:
- 14 back-in, unserviced, non-reservable campsites
- 6 unserviced, non-reservable walk-in tenting sites
- Pit toilets
- Firewood (permit must be purchased at the self-registration kiosk)
- Fish cleaning station
- Easy access to excellent fishing, canoeing and kayaking
- Non-reservable, campground operates on a “first come first served” self-registration basis
Each campsite includes:
- Picnic table
- Fire-pit (A fire permit must be purchased when checking in at self-registration)
- Raised, gravel camping area
There is no water supply available at the Namekus Lake Campground however potable water is supplied at the Beaver Glen Campground in Waskesiu and the sanitation dump/fill station (3km south of Sandy Lake).
Namekus Lake is closed to motorized watercraft.
Laundry facilities and Wifi are available within the town of Waskesiu. For more information on commercial services and facilities available in Waskesiu visit the Waskesiu Chamber of Commerce.
Campground check in / check out
- On arrival drive through the campground and choose a site and set-up prior to registration
- Note the site number and immediately return to the self-registration kiosk and fill in one of the envelopes provided
- Place cash or cheque* into the envelope and remove the permit stub portion (be sure to include payment in full for all registered nights and fire permits)
- Deposit the envelope into the vault next to the self-registration kiosk
- Place permit stub on site post
* To prefer to pay by credit or debit, set up camp first and then call or visit the Visitor Centre in Waskesiu to make payment.
Check in time is 2:00 p.m.
Check out time is 11:00 a.m.