Front Country Camping
Frenchman Valley Campground, West Block
Located in the heart of the West Block, the Frenchman Valley Campground offers a peaceful prairie setting. With a view of the Frenchman River, rolling hills, incredible sunsets, and possibly bison, the Frenchman Valley Campground is the perfect destination for your front country camping experience. Enjoy the brilliant night sky with amenities nearby.
- 100% reservable
- 20 electrical sites (3 pull through, and 1 wheelchair accessible area)
- 4 oTENTik units (#25 accessible, #28 pet-friendly)
- Fire pits
- Lantern hangers
- Picnic tables
- Easy access to vault toilets
- Easy access to potable water for small drinking jugs. RVs must fill up tanks in advance
- Close proximity to Coulee Centre – respite from the heat, a location for cooking & eating, and a hub for park programs, Wi-Fi available
- Reservations recommended
Rock Creek Campground, East Block
The Rock Creek Campground is home to the McGowan Visitor Centre located in the East Block of Grasslands National Park. It also offers - amazing skies day and night, the leopard frogs’ symphony at dusk, and the meadowlarks’ serenade at dawn. Enjoy prairie elegance.
- 100% reservable
- 24 Tent/RV electric sites (all 50 amp) with fire pits and picnic tables
- 8 oTENTik units (#31 accessible, #28 pet-friendly)
- 3 walk-in tipi accommodations
- Summer kitchen for shade and cooking
- Day use picnic area
- Vault toilet
- Potable water
- RV dump tank
- Community fire pit
Reserve by phone:
Call 1-877-RESERVE (1-877-737-3783). Available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. local park time
Outside of North America: (519) 826-5391
If you would like more general information, please call the Parks Canada national information line at 1-888-773-8888.
For tipi and oTENTik reservations following September September 2, 2019, please call the West Block Visitor Centre at 1-877-345-2257 or the Rock Creek Visitor Centre at 1-306-476-2018.
Reservations are not required for camp sites from September 2 to October 14, 2019. Camp sites will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis by self-registration during this time and there will be no water available. All campgrounds and Badlands Parkway close October 15, 2019