oTENTik family holidays on an island
After being gently lulled to sleep in a warm bed by the soft sounds of the sea, you’re ready to explore the region. Step out of your oTENTik tent to discover an unknown world. To the south are the massive and sheer Anse des Érosions monoliths which are even more impressive in early morning. What to do first? Go shelling along the shore in search of exquisite treasures washed up the night before? Wander along the trail that traverses the boreal forest, camera ready, or perhaps immerse yourself in the region’s highly specialized, often rare flora? Île Quarry offers endless discoveries to delight the whole family.
Each tent can accommodate up to six people and is furnished, heated, lit and installed on a raised wooden floor next to a small deck. It’s the perfect way for families, friends and couples of all ages to discover the Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve’s enchanting setting while camping - no muss, no fuss.
Île Quarry also offers the possibility to spend the night in frontcountry camping.
Equipment and facilities
To facilitate your stay and allow you to experience nature and the great outdoors in total comfort, each Parks Canada oTENTik tent is equipped with the following:
Inside the tent
- A table, four chairs and a bench
- A double bed with mattress and four single beds with mattresses
- Storage unit
- Solar lighting
- Propane heating
- Fire extinguisher, smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector
- Broom, dustpan and mop with scrubbing strip and cleaning solution
- Charging station for small electronic devices (USB port)
- LED puck light
- Rechargeable LED lantern (USB)
Outside the tent
- Propane barbecue with side burner (propane included)
- Barbecue brush
- Camping toaster
- Storage unit
- Four camping chairs
- Cooking fireplace
- Picnic table
- Dry toilet
- Shelter with firewood
- Fire pits
- Pleasure craft moorings
- Picnic shelter
Equipment to bring*
In addition to your food, drinks, and personal effects, plan to bring the following equipment:
- Sleeping bags or blankets and pillows
- Matches or lighter
- Drinking water (no drinking water available on the island)
- Kitchenware, dishes and utensils
The kit of kitchen supplies is not available for rent in 2022.
*This list is not exhaustive.
For your convenience and enjoyment, don’t forget:
- Water bottle
- Warm clothing
- Rugged footwear
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
- Hiking trails leaflets (available at the Reception and Interpretation Centre)
- Little axe to make firewood chips
Activities to do in the archipelago
During your stay, choose from the many activities available in the Mingan Archipelago, such as:
- Activities with a heritage presenter
- Flora and wildlife viewing
- Boat excursions, sea kayaking or stand-up paddleboarding
- And much more!
Dates of operation
The oTENTik are open from mid-June to mid-September. To know the exact dates of operation or to make a reservation before or after these dates, contact us by phone at 418-538-3285 or by email at email@example.com.
- The islands are only accessible by boat. If you do not own a boat to get there, it is strongly recommended to make an early reservation with local boat operators (transportation fees will apply). See the list of Maritime Transport Services.
- A camping permit is mandatory and ONLY available in our Reception and Interpretation centres in Havre-Saint-Pierre and Longue-Pointe-de-Mingan.
- There is no restaurant services or drinking water on the islands.
- Bring enough food and drinking water for two extra days (2 litres / day / person), maritime conditions may prevent the boat operators to pick you up the day it is supposed to.
- Check-in time: 3:00 p.m.
- Check-out time: 11:00 a.m.
- Quiet period: 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Capacity: six persons
- To avoid accidental fires, it is NOT permitted to use candles or other open flamme devices inside the oTENTik.
- Smoking is NOT permitted in the oTENTik.
- For safety reasons, cooking is NOT allowed inside the oTENTik. Please, cook outdoors at your site.
- The oTENTik must be cleaned prior to departure
- Rules that apply to the other campground sites also apply at the Parks Canada oTENTik.