Reservations can be made as of July 1st, 2020.
Looking for a cool place to stay? You want to live a unique experience, simple, hassle-free, and in some of the most amazing places in Canada? Parcs Canada now offers the Ôasis in a few select national parks. The Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve Ôasis is located on Havre au Sauvage on île du Havre and on Barachois Montpetit on Grande île.
Make it a memorable family experience or couple’s getaway in a tear drop-shaped ‘duplex’, with a convertible table/bed on the main level and suspended hammock loft above. Be at the forefront of the most spectacular landscapes with a roof to shelter you!
Spend the night with us in a drop of heaven!Visit the fees page
What to bring
- Sleeping bags, blankets and pillows
- Matches or a lighter
- Drinking water (water on the islands is NOT potable)
- Cooking equipment, dishes and eating utensils
A kit of kitchen supplies is also available for rent at the Reception and Interpretation center in Havre-Saint-Pierre. It comprises all the additional equipment required for an enjoyable camping stay.
This list is not exhaustive.
Inside the Ôasis
- A fold-up table with benches which transforms into a bed
- A hammock loft mezzanine were 2 children or 1 adult can sleep (less than 160 kg)
- A fire extinguisher
- Propane heating
- Solar panel eating
- A carbon monoxide/smoke detector
- A broom and a dustpan
- A dishpan
- A kettle
- A charging station for small electronic devices (USB port)
Outside the tent
- Propane barbecue (propane included)
- Barbecue tools and brush
- Storage unit
- Two camping chairs
- Cooking fireplace
- Picnic table
- Dry toilet
- Wood shelter
- Fire pit?
For your convenience and enjoyment, don’t forget:
- Water bottle
- Warm clothing
- Rugged footwear
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
- Hiking trails leaflets (available at the Reception and Interpretation Centre)
Rates and reservation
$122.64 per night (taxes included)
Park entry fee, maritime transport service, fire permit and reservation fee extra. Please refer to the Fees section for more information.
For individuals who do not own a boat, it is strongly recommended to make an early reservation with local boat operators (transportation fees will apply). See the list of Maritime Transport Services.
- Smoking is NOT permitted in the Ôasis
- For safety reasons, cooking is NOT allowed inside the Ôasis. Please, cook outdoors at your site.
- The Ôasis must be cleaned prior to departure
- Rules that apply to the other campground sites also apply at the Parks Canada Ôasis.