Looking for a cool place to stay? You want to live a unique experience, simple, hassle-free, and in some of the most amazing places in Canada? Parcs Canada now offers the Ôasis in a few select national parks. The Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve Ôasis is located on Havre au Sauvage on île du Havre and on Barachois Montpetit on Grande île.
Make it a memorable family experience or couple’s getaway in a tear drop-shaped ‘duplex’, with a convertible table/bed on the main level and suspended hammock loft above. Be at the forefront of the most spectacular landscapes with a roof to shelter you!
Spend the night with us in a drop of heaven!Visit the fees page
What to bring
- Sleeping bags, blankets and pillows
- Matches or a lighter
- Drinking water (water on the islands is NOT potable)
- Cooking equipment, dishes and eating utensils
A kit of kitchen supplies is also available for rent at the Reception and Interpretation center in Havre-Saint-Pierre. It comprises all the additional equipment required for an enjoyable camping stay.
This list is not exhaustive.
Inside the Ôasis
- A fold-up table with benches which transforms into a bed
- A hammock loft mezzanine were 2 children or 1 adult can sleep (less than 160 kg)
- A fire extinguisher
- Propane heating
- Solar panel eating
- A carbon monoxide/smoke detector
- A broom and a dustpan
- A dishpan
- A kettle
- A charging station for small electronic devices (USB port)
Outside the tent
- Propane barbecue (propane included)
- Barbecue tools and brush
- Storage unit
- Two camping chairs
- Cooking fireplace
- Picnic table
- Dry toilet
- Wood shelter
- Fire pit?
For your convenience and enjoyment, don’t forget:
- Water bottle
- Warm clothing
- Rugged footwear
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
- Hiking trails leaflets (available at the Reception and Interpretation Centre)
Rates and reservation
Please refer to the Fees section for more information.
For individuals who do not own a boat, it is strongly recommended to make an early reservation with local boat operators (transportation fees will apply). See the list of Maritime Transport Services.
- Smoking is NOT permitted in the Ôasis
- For safety reasons, cooking is NOT allowed inside the Ôasis. Please, cook outdoors at your site.
- The Ôasis must be cleaned prior to departure
- Rules that apply to the other campground sites also apply at the Parks Canada Ôasis.