oTENTik family holidays on an island
After being gently lulled to sleep in a warm bed by the soft sounds of the sea, you’re ready to explore the region. Step out of your oTENTik tent to discover an unknown world. To the south are the massive and sheer Anse des Érosions monoliths which are even more impressive in early morning. What to do first? Go shelling along the shore in search of exquisite treasures washed up the night before? Wander along the trail that traverses the boreal forest, camera ready, or perhaps immerse yourself in the region’s highly specialized, often rare flora? Île Quarry offers endless discoveries to delight the whole family.
Each tent can accommodate up to 6 people and is furnished, heated, lit and installed on a raised wooden floor next to a small deck. It’s the perfect way for families, friends and couples of all ages to discover the Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve’s enchanting setting while camping - no muss, no fuss.
- 6 oTENTik tents available on Île Quarry
- Check-in time: 3 p.m.
- Check-out time: 11 a.m.
- Maximum 6 people per oTENTik
Equipment and facilities
To facilitate your stay and allow you to experience nature and the great outdoors in total comfort, each Parks Canada oTENTik tent is equipped with the following:
Inside the tent:
- 1 table, 4 chairs and 1 bench
- 1 double bed with mattress and 4 single beds with mattresses
- 1 storage unit
- Solar lighting
- Propane heating
- Fire extinguisher, smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector
- Broom, dustpan and mop with scrubbing strip and cleaning solution
- LED puck light
- LED lantern
Outside the tent:
- Propane barbecue with side burner (propane included)
- Camping toaster (inside the barbecue)
- Barbecue tools and brush
- Storage unit
- 4 camping chairs
- Cooking fireplace
- Picnic table
- Dry toilet
- Wood shelter
- Fire pit
- Pleasure craft moorings
- Picnic shelter (with emergency kit)
Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve is pleased to offer you the opportunity to rent its oTENTik kit, comprising all the additional equipment required for an enjoyable camping stay. Kits are available at the Havre-Saint-Pierre Reception and Interpretation Centre. If you are not planning on using the kit, consult this list of equipment to bring with you:
- Cookware set and non-stick frying pan
- Dinnerware set, flatware set and glasses
- Cutting mat, kitchen knife, mixing bowl, strainer, serving spoon, spatula, tongs, peeler, can opener and corkscrew
- Tablecloth, dishtowels, scrub sponge, silicone and cotton trivet, dishcloth and dishwashing detergent
- Radiant toaster
Equipment to bring
In addition to your food, drinks, and personal effects, plan to bring the following equipment:
- Sleeping bags, blankets and pillows
- Matches or lighter
- Drinking water (no drinking water available on the island)
For your convenience and enjoyment, don’t forget:
- Water bottle
- Warm clothing
- Rugged footwear
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
- Hiking trails leaflets (available at the Reception and Interpretation Centre)
During your stay, choose from the many activities available in the Mingan Archipelago, such as:
- Activities with a heritage presenter
- Flora and fauna viewing
- Boat excursions
- And much more!
Rates and reservation
Please refer to the fees section for more information.
All reservations for campsites and oTENTik tents can be done online at reservation.pc.gc.ca or by phone: 1-877-737-3783.
Important: For individuals who do not own a boat, it is strongly recommended to make an early reservation with local boat operators (transportation fees will apply). See the list of Maritime Transport Services.
For more information, contact us:
Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve
1010, Promenade des Anciens
Reception and Interpretation Centres: 418-538-3285 or 418-949-2126
Teletypewriter (TTY): 1-866-787-6221
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org