Your park received a makeover for its 50th anniversary!
Parks Canada has invested $3 billion to support infrastructure work to heritage, visitor, waterway and highway assets located within national historic sites, national parks and national marine conservation areas across Canada.
As part of this program, La Mauricie National Park has received an unprecedented funding of more than $75 million in to complete construction work on park infrastructure, including the Parkway and various visitor facilities. The investment program began in 2015 and will end in 2020.
La Mauricie National Park has received a makeover for its 50th anniversary in 2020 and has been given the means to continue to protect the land and provide visitors with safe, high-quality, rewarding experiences.
By the numbers
- 93 culverts replaced under the Parkway (which is 63 km long!)
- 51 culverts replaced on multi-use trails 3, 7, 8 and 9
- 3 bridges reconstructed on trail No. 2 (allowing for it to be reopened!)
- 15.2 km of new trail routes
- 9 service buildings renovated or rebuilt on campgrounds
- 19 canoe-camping sites upgraded, fire pits added to 6 sites
- 39 new grills in picnic areas
- 24 new bulletin boards
- 24 wastewater systems at the end of their life cycle replaced