In a boat, stay afloat!
Learn how to recognize the signs of difficult navigation:
- You feel wind on your face.
- Leaves and branches on trees are constantly moving.
- There is enough wind for flags to wave.
Once in the water
What if the wind picks up?
- Be patient, the wind may die down, especially at the end of the day.
- Stay along the shore; winds are often not as strong there.
- Don’t think you’re a superhero, turn back when necessary.
Oh, no, you’re caught in the wind
Some tips to help you:
- Row at the same pace as your partner.
- When rowing upwind, pick up the pace and row faster, using shorter strokes.
- When rowing backwind, make sure you control the back of the boat.
- Do not row into the waves directly but at a 15 to 20° angle.