The Parks Canada Xplorers program
Parks Canada Xplorers program is a nation-wide program of discovery activities for children aged from 6 to 11. Its purpose is to promote the family-style exploration of the historical and natural treasures of Canada through a set of amusing recreational and learning activities presented in the form of a booklet.
Distribution location for activity booklets
Upon arriving at La Mauricie National Park, children can ask for the Xplorers booklet free of charge at any one of the following locations:
- Saint-Mathieu Visitor Reception Centre
- Saint-Jean-des-Piles Visitor Reception and Interpretation Centre
- Rivière à la Pêche Service Centre
- Mistagance Campground kiosk
- Wapizagonke Campground kiosk
- Rivière à la Pêche Campground kiosk
A surprise for each Xplorer!
Once the visit has ended, each child will receive a surprise when he or she presents his or her booklet at one of the distribution points.
A different way of orienting your visit to the park
Among the various activities proposed by this booklet, some target a particular location in the park. Altogether, they will provide a new source of inspiration for orienting your visit!