Canoeing and row-and-go canoes
As of June 1, La Mauricie National Park began a gradual
reopening of some outdoor areas, facilities and services. Please check our website regularly for the current status of this location and others.
As of June 1, La Mauricie National Park began a gradual reopening of some outdoor areas, facilities and services. Please check our website regularly for the current status of this location and others.
Paddle leisurely along some of the Mauricie region’s most breathtaking lakes, cast your line, and try your luck at hauling out delectable wild trout! For something challenging, how about a canoe camping expedition in the middle of the wild?
The Mauricie region is canoe country. Come and experience for yourself the true essence of nature. Around thirty lakes are accessible both off of the Parkway and through a network of canoe trails. Will you be seduced by one of our lakes?
A range of rental options are available to suit your every need: daily, hourly, half-day, or several day rentals are available upon presentation of a valid ID.
Our boat offering
- Light canoe
- Single kayak
- Two-person kayak
Stand-up paddleboard (SUP)
- Pedal boat (Boat rental of the Shewenegan Picnic Area only)
Boat rentals include:
- individual life jackets
- a safety kit
Boat rental office location
- Shewenegan Picnic Area
- Wapizagonke Picnic Area
- Lac Edouard Picnic Area
For rate information or to make a reservation, please visit LocationCanot.com
Thanks to row-and-go canoes, discovering less frequented areas has never been easier. This new concept gives you the opportunity to go out on a lakeside expedition in the backcountry without having to portage. Row-and-go canoes are currently offered at lac à la Pêche and lac du Caribou.
How to rent a row-and-go canoe in four steps
- Visit LocationCanot.com or drop by one of our boat rental offices.
- Leave a $30 deposit for some paddles, an individual life jacket, and a safety kit. We will also provide you with a token that will unlock your canoe.
- Get the most from your boat and take full advantage of your canoeing experience.
- At the end of the day, return the canoe to its spot, and bring the token and equipment back to the rental office before closing time to get your deposit back.
A few canoeing safety tips
- When canoeing, you must have a safety kit, a bailer, and wear a life jacket.
- Plan your outing according to the weather.