Web version to come soon...
Download the 2019 canoe-camping guide in printable version. (PDF, 4,8 MB)
Suggested canoe-camping routes
What you need to know
- Suggested routes are simply offered as a guide. It is possible to change itineraries and plan your trip on your own.
- Descriptions and photos of the sites are available on the reservation website at www.reservation.pc.gc.ca.
- You can spend several nights at the same campsite.
- The letters A, B, C, and D are assigned to each campsite number to identify to your spot. These letters can be found on the tent pads for each site, which typically have two, three, or four campsites each.
- Canoeing, portaging* or hiking times depend on a number of factors, such as wind, the weight of the canoe, your experience, your equipment, and your physical capacity.
- Various diffculty levels are offered. The following legend will help you choose the one that best suits you:
EASY - Without portage
EASY - With portage
MODERATE - With portage
DIFFICULT - With portage
VERY DIFFICULT - With portage
- Do not hesitate to contact us for more information at 1-888-773-8888 (Parks Canada) or at 819-538-3232 (La Mauricie National Park)
* The transport of all equipment and the boat on a route where navigation becomes impossible.
- Print your itinerary map before you arrive at the park and check the weather forecast.
- If you are a beginner, choose a single site for your stay. Take the day to discover your sector and portage a few times without equipment.
- If your itinerary involves portages or if you decide to hike/bike to get to your campsite, prepare your equipment so that it can be transported in a single trip. This will save you from retaking the route. (Note: Opt for routes without portages if you plan to transport any large equipment, such as a cooler.)
- If you choose a diffcult route, plan to use a lightweight canoe.
- Consider using dry ice to keep your food cold during your stay.
- Bring extra food in case bad weather delays your departure.
- Do not go out if navigating conditions are beyond your abilities.