Snack-bars and Parks Canada Shops
Recreation Centre snack-bar
Located near the South Area entrance, the recreation centre is home to many facilities and services: heated swimming pool and wading pool, tennis court, shuffleboard court, convenience store, self-service laundry and a snack-bar.
Menu at a glance:
- Hot food: hot dog, hamburger, pulled pork poutine, etc.
- Regional products: shrimp roll, yak burger (supplied by the Bos G. farm, Saint-Elzéar-de-Bonaventure) and goat cheese poutine from the Natibo farm (Caplan)
- Boxed lunches (perfect for a picnic or a hike)
Dates and hours of operation: June 16 to September 16, 2018, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Located in the Penouille Visitor Centre, this snack-bar boasts a lovely deck with an unbeatable view out over Gaspé Bay. It’s a great place to have lunch or enjoy an expresso before heading back to the beach.
The menu at a glance:
- Gourmet sandwiches: ham, chicken, veggie, grilled cheese
- Salads: quinoa, garden, pasta
- Pastries: turnovers, croissants, “chocolatines,” muffins, etc.
- Snacks: chips, chocolate, frozen treats, granola bars, etc.
- Beverages: expresso coffee, regular coffee, soft drinks, water and a variety of juices
Information: Écorécréo, 418-360-7292
Dates and hours of operation: June 23 to September 3, 2018, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
If you need to replace a cap teased away by the wind, find a gift for the person looking after your plants while you’re away, treat yourself to something to keep your shoulders warm on a cool evening, or bring home a souvenir from land’s end for grandma, look no farther than the Parks Canada shops at the Penouille Visitors’ Centre.