Stay safe and protect wildlife by following these simple rules:
- Put anything that might attract wildlife in a closed, secure place* (such as a car or bear-proof container) whenever you’re away or asleep.
- Put all your garbage and recyclables in the bins at the camp service buildings.
- Never cook or leave anything with a smell in a tent, tent trailer, or oTENTik tent.
- Don’t dump dishwater or water you’ve cooked in on your campsite. Use the sink in the camp service building.
- Make sure no garbage and nothing with a smell ever goes into your fire pit. Fire pits are not garbage disposals.
- Fires are only allowed in park fire pits.
- Always check the fire hazard index for possible fire bans before you light a fire.
- Unattended fires are prohibited. Never leave a fire unattended.
*Tents, tent trailers, and oTENTik tents are NOT secure storage spaces.
Wildlife attractants include the following:
- Coolers (full or empty)
- Food, even in closed containers
- Bottles and cans
- Dishes, cutlery, and cooking utensils
- Pet food and bowls
- Anything used for food preparation
- Lotions and toothpaste