Don’t forget to put your swimsuit in your bags. Everyone loves going for a dip at Forillon Park!
At the Recreation Centre located in the park’s South Area, vacationing families may enjoy swimming in the heated outdoor pool or paddling around the wading pool! Both pools are supervised by lifeguards during opening hours.Opening hours from June 23 to August 19, 2018:
- Monday and Tuesday, 11am to 5pm
- Wednesday to Friday, 11 am to 7 pm
- Saturday, 10 am to 7 pm
- Sunday, 10 am to 5 pm
Opening hours from August 20 to September 3, 2018:
- Every day, 10 am to 4 pm (closed from 12:30 to 1 pm)
|Age||Regular||After 3 p.m.||Family||Family after 3 p.m.||Group||Group 3 p.m.|
|Adult (17 years +)||$8||$4||$7||$3.50||$6||$3|
|Teen (6 to 16 years)||$6||$3||$5||$2.50||$4||$2|
|Child (0 to 5 years)||Free||Free||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Ainé (65 years +)||$7||$3.50||$6||$3||$5||$2.50|
Pool activities (until August 17, 2018)
Aqua-fitness lessons, let's get moving! 8 years and up
Duration: 50 mins
Mondays and Tuesdays 5:05 pm
Beginners Yoga lessons for adult.
Duration:45 mins. Cancelled in the event of bad weather.
Tuesdays and Fridays 9:15 am
Crash course on snorkeling, get ready for the sea!.
Duration: 45 mins. (Children must be able to
swim without a flotation device)
Wednesdays 9:15 am
Come to swim the full lenght of the pool!
Duration: 55 mins. (Adult swimming)
Mondays and Thursdays 9:15 am
Services offered near the pool, at the Recreation Centre:
- Snack-bar and convenience store for recreational activities
- Tennis court, volleyball and shuffleboard
- Information: 418-892-0000
Swimming at the beach
At several places in the bay of Gaspé, the ocean water is warm enough to go swimming. This is true also in the case of the beach at Penouille, a wonderful sand spit protected by the bay. It’s hard to resist the urge to stretch out on the warm sand or wade in the shallow waters!
The beach is not supervised.
Services offered at the beach of Penouille:
- Snack-bar and gift shop at Penouille Visitor Centre
- Public transit (i.e., guided shuttle bus) is available to access the Penouille point (fees apply)
- Sale and rental of beach accessories (chair, umbrella, toy, kite) and bike rental ( bicycles, electric bicycles) at the Écorécréo rental centre (info: 418-360-7292)