Don’t forget to put your swimsuit in your bags. Everyone loves going for a dip at Forillon Park!
At the Recreation Centre located in the park’s South Area, vacationing families may enjoy swimming in the heated outdoor pool or paddling around the wading pool! Both pools are supervised by lifeguards during opening hours.
from June 22 to August 18, 2019 :
- Monday to Friday : 10 :30 am to 6 pm
- Saturday and Sunday : 9 am to 5 pm
from August 19 to September 2, 2019 :
- Everyday : 10 am to 4 pm (closed from 12:30 to 1 pm)
Daily, swimmers can train in a swimming corridor one hour before closing time.
|Age||Regular||After 3 p.m.||Family||Family after 3 p.m.||Group||Group 3 p.m.|
|Adult (17 years +)||$8||$4||$7||$3.50||$6||$3|
|Teen (6 to 16 years)||$6||$3||$5||$2.50||$4||$2|
|Child (0 to 5 years)||Free||Free||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Ainé (65 years +)||$7||$3.50||$6||$3||$5||$2.50|
Swimming at the beach
At several places in the bay of Gaspé, the ocean water is warm enough to go swimming. This is true also in the case of the beach at Penouille, a wonderful sand spit protected by the bay. It’s hard to resist the urge to stretch out on the warm sand or wade in the shallow waters!
The beach is not supervised.
Services offered at the beach of Penouille:
- Snack-bar and gift shop at Penouille Visitor Centre
- Public transit (i.e., guided shuttle bus) is available to access the Penouille point (fees apply)
- Sale and rental of beach accessories (chair, umbrella, toy, kite) and bike rental ( bicycles, electric bicycles)