Be part of an inspiring team!
National parks require a wide variety of skills: from administration to management, to interpretive and educational skills, resource management, biology, trades and highway maintenance, public safety, search and rescue, and enforcement of the National Parks Act.
Parks Canada is a world leader in natural and cultural protection, a unique educator of Canada’s heritage, and a facilitator of meaningful and memorable experiences across Canada.
Learn more about:
The Youth Employment and Skills Strategy is a Federal Government jobs initiative targeted at young Canadians aged 15 to 30. It supports the creation of job opportunities, with a particular focus on young people facing barriers.
The purpose is to increase employment for youth, enabling them to gain work experience, to develop skills, and to extend their networks. Please note: being a student is not a mandatory qualification.
Who can apply? To be eligible for the YESS, you must be:
- Between 15 and 30 years old,
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or legally entitled to work in Canada,
- In addition, preference may be given to candidates who self-identify as, Indigenous, visible minorities or persons with disabilities, as well as youth facing barriers to employment. As such, we encourage you to self-identify in your application.
What are the benefits for you? Working with Parks Canada will allow you to:
- Gain a paid-work experience in a friendly workplace where diversity and inclusion are valued,
- Build your employment history and acquire skills (whether you are starting or advancing your career!),
- Expand your network, learn how we work to serve Canadians in many ways across Canada,
- Make a difference and provide hands-on support to our organization, as guardian of the national parks, national historic sites and national marine conservation areas of Canada.
Applications are now closed for 2022. More information about YESS employment in 2023 to come!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more on our latest job postings.
Stay tuned for new postings!
NOTE: You can also drop off a resume to us directly at Ardgowan National Historic Site, 2 Palmers Lane in Charlottetown.
Are you a student looking for work opportunities? Want to gain valuable learning opportunities and work experiences to develop your skills for a future career? As a student working for Parks Canada, you can have the ultimate Canadian experience as you work and play in inspiring places.
Prince Edward Island National Park offers a wide range of positions for students every summer in both the national park and national historic sites.
Please complete the application and submit it with your resume and cover letter to Ardgowan National Historic Site, 2 Palmers Lane, Charlottetown, PE, C1A 5V8.
Student Job Application Form (PDF, 189 KB).