The Rouge app
An App for Rouge National Urban Park!
Dive deeper into Canada’s first and only national urban park with the interactive app – The Rouge! Created by students at the University of Toronto Scarborough’s innovation hub, in partnership with Parks Canada, the app offers users the chance to explore the park’s rich history, forests and trails like never before.
As part of the 2018 Canada-China Year of Tourism, the app is now available in Simplified Chinese, in addition to English and French.
- View trails and points of interest on the interactive park map
- Activate the app’s Rouge Tracking feature to turn your phone into a GPS-based virtual tour guide. Receive real-time notifications as you explore the park.
- Browse through the guide to plan your visit to the park and learn more about specific topics, including park activities, trails, nature, agriculture, history and more
- Save your favourite content pages and points of interest for future reference
- Earn badges for hiking and discovering points of interest using Rouge Tracking
- Report wildlife sightings, trail conditions, and more directly to Parks Canada
- Receive notifications for park news and special events
- Learn about park wildlife and test your memory with a fun matching game
- Available in English, French, and Simplified Chinese
Please note: The app requires an initial internet connection to download content. Please open the app before your first visit to the park. After the initial download, no cell signal, data, or wifi connection is required.