Taste of the Trail
Date: August 18, 2018
Time: 10:00-3:00 pm
Location: Bob Hunter Memorial Park (7277 14th Avenue, Markham)
Craving a taste of the great outdoors? Get your fill at the Rouge with our signature summer harvest event! Enjoy fresh local produce, live music and much more! Join us in celebrating our rich agricultural and cultural heritage by sharing in the tastes and tales of the Rouge. What an appetizing way to explore Canada’s first national urban park! Pack for a picnic – bring your lunch and plenty of water. Try carpooling to the event as on-site parking is limited, or hop on the Rouge Express Parkbus shuttle.
What’s better than getting fed? Helping to feed others! While this event is FREE, Second Harvest staff will be on-site collecting food donations for the Harvest Kitchen program.
Top 10 Desired Food Items:
- Cooking oils
- Tomato sauce
- Canned vegetables
- Cooking spices
- Beans and Lentils
- Canned Proteins (tuna, turkey, etc.)
- Gluten-free items (crackers, pasta, etc.)
- Back by popular demand! – Enjoy a fresh cob of sweet corn straight out of the pot courtesy of Sweet Ridge Farms
- Picnic with Parka and indulge in her favourite treat
- Outdoor camp cooking with MEC and our Learn-to Camp team
- Visit our Learn-to Hike team for some sustenance before you hit the trails
- Sample some old fashioned fare from Pickering Museum Village
- Get geared for growing with an interactive display Markham Museum
- Plan your own planting with LEAF (Local Enhancement & Appreciation of Forests)
- Treat your furry friend by visiting the Peppy Paws & Co. treat booth and watering station!
- Live music and much more!