Parks Canada Welcome Areas Opening May 19
Date: Saturday, May 19 to Monday, May 21
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Location: Rouge National Urban Park
- Zoo Road Welcome Area (near the Toronto Zoo) (Open daily)
- Bob Hunter Memorial Park Welcome Area (7277 14th Av., Markham)
Parks Canada’s visitor welcome areas in Rouge National Urban Park are set to open for the season over the May long weekend in the Toronto and Markham areas of the park.
This year will also be the second season for our well-received “pop-up” welcome areas, which provide rotating visitor services throughout the park. Please call 416-264-2020 to find out more about our “pop-up” welcome area locations.
Please note our Reesor North Welcome Area will be closed this summer for construction.
Welcome areas provide information on all Parks Canada places and are the perfect start to your visit to the Rouge. Get the latest info to plan your day, find out more about what's on in the park, shop our Parks Canada boutique with brand new Rouge National Urban Park merchandise and purchase your 2018 Parks Canada Discovery Passes (youth 17 and under entry is now free!).
Zoo Road Welcome Area 2018 Hours of Operation
- Spring (Fri. May 18 – Mon. June 11): Wed – Sun, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Summer (Tues. June 12 – Mon. Sept. 3): 7 days a week, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Fall (Wed. Sept. 5 – Sun. Oct. 28): Wed – Sun, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.