Date: Sunday, February 18th
Hours: 11a.m. to 4p.m.
Location: Zoo Road Welcome Area (1749 Meadowvale Rd, Scarborough)
Get outside and active this Family Day long weekend at Rouge National Urban Park with a full day of winter activities and traditional games guaranteed to warm up the entire family!
- Learn-to Curl with the Unionville Curling Club and Toronto Curling Association on our outdoor curling rink (weather permitting)
- Interactive Hockey Games from All-Star Games
- Parks Canada’s Learn-to Camp program will be offering campfire s’mores and talking about how to best dress for winter
- Snowshoe demos with MEC and the University of Toronto Scarborough Campus Outdoor Recreation Club
- Winter-themed photo cut outs
- Snowga! Family-friendly drop-in snow yoga sessions
- Scheduled winter birding outings
- Self-guided trail games
- Meet Parka!
A Tim Hortons coffee truck will also be on site with warm beverages for sale from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (cash only)
Participate in the Great Backyard Bird Count at our interactive birding tent with representatives from Bird Studies Canada and the Toronto Wildlife Centre. Scheduled birding outings led by expert guides will be offered throughout the day for different levels of experience:
- 11:15 a.m.: Advanced Birders (2hr outing)
- 11:30 a.m.: Intermediate Birders (1.5hr outing)
- 11:45 a.m.: Beginner Birders (45min outing)
- 1:30 p.m.: Beginner Birders (45min outing)
- 1:45 p.m.: Intermediate Birders (1.5hr outing)
- 2 p.m.: Advanced Birders (2hr outing)
Admission is free, however food donations will be collected at the event by Second Harvest for the Harvest Kitchen program.
Top 10 Desired Food Items:
- Cooking Oil
- Canned vegetables
- Cooking Spices
- Canned proteins (tuna, turkey, etc.)
- Peanut butter
- Gluten-free items (crackers, pasta, etc.)
Note: Youth and first-timers interested in curling on the outdoor rink are advised to bring a helmet.
No registration is required.