Throughout the summer, join us for Creature Feature weekends in the Rouge. Activities, games, guided walks and special guest experts all come together to help you learn more about the reptiles and amphibians, pollinators and bats that call the Rouge home.
Date: September 1, 2, & 3
Location: Zoo Road (September 1 & 3), Glen Rouge Trailhead (September 2)
Time: 10-4pm daily
Did you know? Pollinating insects are really our best friends! We rely on them more than we realize, and often see them as pests rather than wildlife powerhouses who actually help keep us alive. With a focus on bees and butterflies, visit our Powerful Pollinators station as we buzz around the park. Find out how you can be a bee’s BFF, help the Monarch butterfly with just one plant and discover why pollinators are so important to all of us.
- Take a 75 minute guided walk with us to catch a glimpse of bees and butterflies in action, September 1 and 3, 10:15am and 12:15pm
- Join our full guided walks for pollinator highlights
- Try our Pollinator’s Path game
- Find out how you can champion pollinators right in your own backyard
- Tackle our Pollinators Quiz
- Bee and butterfly themed crafts and colouring
- September 2, Club Parka will focus on pollinators!
- Learn what Parks Canada is doing to support pollinators in Rouge National Urban Park
- All weekend, Scientists in School turn the science of pollination into fun for kids