Rouge After Dark
Date: Saturday June 8, 2019
Location: Zoo Road Welcome Area
Parking Location: Main Toronto Zoo Parking Lot (2000 Meadowvale Road)
Time: 8:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Experience the wildest nightlife in the city and get to know the dark side of the park at Rouge After Dark!
Join us around dusk at our Zoo Road Welcome Area when the campfires roar to life and the marshmallows are unleashed. Explore an illuminated forest and follow a network of glowing trails. A series of unique encounters with some of the park’s nocturnal inhabitants awaits you!
- Opening Fire Starting Competition - watch our guest experts compete! (8:00 – 8:30pm)
- Interactive drumming performance around the campfire by Toronto Drum Café (9:00pm – 9:30pm)
- Illuminated shadow puppet station and installations courtesy of Caterwaul Theatre
- Learn and listen for frog calls with the Toronto Zoo’s Adopt-a-Pond Team
- Illuminated moth ID station with guest experts
- Live owl meet-and-greet courtesy of the Mountsberg Raptor Centre
- Join experts from the Toronto Zoo and the TRCA at our bat station to learn about sonar detection and our native bat population. View a live spectrogram of the bat chatter over-head!
- Educational and interactive displays by Coyote Watch Canada, the Toronto Wildlife Centre and Soper Creek Wildlife Rescue
- Sample some campfire-side marshmallows with our Learn-to Camp team
- Meet Parka and her animal friends!
Don’t forget your flashlight!— you never know what you’ll find hiding in the shadows …or what could be drawn to the light! This multi-sensory nighttime experience is FREE and family-friendly.
Parking will be located in the main lot of the Toronto Zoo (2000 Meadowvale Road). There will be shuttles running continuously between the Toronto Zoo main lot to the event space beginning at 7:45pm. The last shuttle will leave the event venue at 11:30pm.
NOTE: In case of inclement weather, Rouge After Dark will be rescheduled for June 15, 2019. Please visit the website 24 hours prior for any updates.