Next up: Powerful Pollinators!
Did you know? Pollinating insects are really our best friends! We rely on them more than we realize, and often see them as pests rather than wildlife powerhouses who actually help keep us alive. With a focus on bees and butterflies, visit our Powerful Pollinators station as we buzz around the park over the Canada Day Long Weekend. Find out how you can be a bee’s BFF, help the Monarch butterfly with just one plant and discover why pollinators are so important to all of us.
- Join our guided walks with Anne and Judy for pollinator highlights
- Try our Pollinator’s Path game
- Find out how you can champion pollinators right in your own backyard
- Tackle our Pollinators Quiz
- Bee and butterfly themed crafts and colouring
- July 1, Learn-to Hike and Club Parka will focus on pollinators!
- June 30 & July 2, Scientists in School turn the science of pollination into fun for kids
- June 30, Bloomers and Britches Heritage Gardeners from Pickering Museum Village guide you to the best wildflower choices to attract pollinators
- Learn what Rouge National Urban Park and Parks Canada are doing to support pollinators