Important bulletins: Pukaskwa National Park
VISITOR SAFETY BULLETIN
ANNUALLY FROM OCTOBER 16 TO MAY 14.
EMERGENCY SERVICES MAY BE UNAVAILABLE, LIMITED OR SIGNIFICANTLY DELAYED. (This Visitor Safety Bulletin is extended during the Stay-at-Home order.)
PARK VISITORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY AND MUST BE SELFSUFFICIENT IN DEALING WITH ANY EMERGENCY THAT MAY OCCUR.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU:
• Have informed a reliable contact of travel routes, return dates/times, and provided them with a Trip Plan;
• Have prepared for unexpected weather;
• Have knowledge of:
o chosen route and alternatives;
o navigational skills;
o first aid;
o outdoor survival skills (eg; hypothermia, emergency shelter, familiar with making a fire);
o wildlife safety procedures;
• Recognize your abilities and limitations;
• Understand that cell phone service is unreliable in Pukaskwa National Park
• By choosing to proceed, you assume all legal and actual risks absolutely.
Important Contact Numbers:
Emergency (Ontario Provincial Police):
Parks Canada Dispatch:
For more information, please call