Restricted activity order: Campground
Issued: June 08, 2020
Pursuant to Section 7(1) of the National Parks General Regulations, the following activities are prohibited by order of the Superintendent:
- Occupying a campsite without a valid permit. Self-serve permits are only valid if all fields are completed, appropriate fees are paid, and deposited in the self-registration payment vault.
- Obtaining a permit if you are under 16 years of age.
- Occupying a campsite after 1100 a.m. on the day the campsite permit expires.
- Allowing more than 6 people on a campsite.
- Allowing more than the approved number of people in an oTentik or cabin
- Erecting more than 3 camping shelters on a campsite.
- Leaving tents unoccupied for more than 48 hours.
- Creating excessive noise and/or unreasonable behaviour at any time. Quiet hours are from 11:00 pm until 8:00 am.
- Consumption or use of alcohol/cannabis between the hours of 11:00 pm until 8:00 am.
- Failing to maintain a campsite in a clean and sanitary condition. When vacating, the site shall be restored to its natural condition.
- Leaving any food or wildlife attractants unattended. All attractants must be stored and/or disposed of in the appropriate bear proof facility.
- Burning of food scraps or garbage.
- All campgrounds, oTentiks, cabins and campsites in Georgian Bay Islands National Park.
To promote a quality visitor experience.
Violators may be charged under the Canada National Parks Act and other applicable Provincial/ Federal legislation. Failure to comply may result in immediate cancellation of the camping permit and/or eviction from Parks Canada property.
Until further notice