Visiting in the off season
Nov. 1, 2020, to April 30, 2021
Warning!Hiking during the winter can be hazardous, please review our winter safety page before heading out.
Bruce Peninsula National Park is in off-season operations from November 1 to April 30. Park facilities are in self-serve mode or closed. The park is a remote, wilderness area and conditions can be dangerous especially during winter. Road access to some areas are closed from the first snow fall. Visitors must be prepared for limited services and their own safety. Make sure your vehicle is equipped for local road conditions (snow tires recommended) and your gas tank is full. Limited services are available in nearby towns such as Tobermory or Lion’s Head.
- Grotto area trails including the Cyprus Lake Trail, Georgian Bay Trail, Marr Lake Trail, Horse Lake Trail.
- The trails are not maintained; use at your own risk.
- Day use, parking and camping fees apply.
- A self-registration kiosk is located near the Cyprus Lake Campground Office
- Front country camping at Tamarack Campground
- Fires in designated fire pits only. Burn locally purchased firewood.
- Backcountry camping at Stormhaven and High Dump
- No fires allowed at any time
- Bruce Trail through the park
- Washrooms and/or portable toilets are available at these locations:
- Head of Trails/Grotto parking lot (P1)
- Cyprus Lake P2 parking lot
- Tamarack Campground washrooms # 7 and # 8
Annual Closures in Bruce Peninsula National Park
This listing shows planned closures. Where dates are approximate, closures will fall sometime during the time period specified, usually determined by weather conditions. Additional closures may happen at any time, in any location and without prior notice.
|Visitor centre||Nov. 1 to Apr. 30||Indoor facilities including washrooms||Visitor Centre is closed to the public. Burnt Loop Trail remains open for the season|
|Halfway Log Dump||Mid-November to mid-April||Emmett Lake Road||No winter maintenance|
|Singing Sands||Mid-November to mid-April||Parking lot||No winter maintenance|
|Cyprus Lake Campground Office||Nov. 1 to Apr. 30||Indoor facilities including washrooms||Campground office is closed. Self-register at the kiosk next to the office.|
|Little Cove Road||Mid-November to mid-April||Day-use area||Road not plowed beyond private properties.|
|Crane Lake Road||Mid-November to mid-April||Road||Road not plowed beyond private properties.|