New for 2017 - Time slot parking for the Grotto
Due to the overwhelming popularity of hiking to the Grotto, we have instituted time slot parking for the summer. This will help alleviate the long lineups and reduce the uncertainty of not knowing if you will able to find a spot throughout the day.
Follow #GrottoParking to learn when all the permits have been distributed for the day.
When will timed parking be in effect?
- Spring: Weekends and holidays from May 20th - June 30th
- Summer: Every day from July 1st to Sept 4th
- Fall: Weekends and holidays from Sept 5th to October 9th
What are the time slots?*
- Time slot 1: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Time slot 2: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Time slot 3: 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
How do I get a time slot?
- Time slot are given out each day, first-come first-served, starting at 8:00 a.m. at the Cyprus Lake Campground office (469 Cyprus Lake Rd).*
- Parking permits are for same day only and not available in advance for other days.
- The permit is valid for one time entry one. There are no “in and out” privileges.
- Once the day’s permits are given out, there is no further Grotto parking available that day.
Time slot permit details
- Permits are vehicle specific and cannot be transferred.
- Limit one permit per vehicle
- Permits must be validated within the first 2 hours its time slot. If not the permit is no longer valid for parking.
What happens if I stay longer than my time slot?
- Your vehicle will be ticketed and a fine issued.
- Your vehicle may be towed to allow permit holders for the next time slot to use that spot.