What to expect / What to pack
As of June 1, Bruce Peninsula National Park began a gradual reopening of some outdoor areas, facilities and services. Please check our website regularly for the current status of this location and others.
Yurts are closed for the 2020 season. Clients with existing reservations will be notified of cancellations and will receive a full refund.
Those seeking to travel from a distance are encouraged to carefully consider their plans.
- The Parks Canada Visitor Centre and Grotto are operating at reduced capacity.
- Cyprus Lake Campground reopens July 15, 2020.
- Expect delays at Halfway Log Dump.
- The portion of the Bruce Trail between Crane Lake and Little Cove has reopened.
- Tour boats to Flowerpot Island will operate at limited capacity as of July 1st. Please contact tour boat operators to reserve your space.
What is provided with your site?
- Deck with patio table, chairs and fire pit.
- Outdoor cooking station with a counter top and roof.
- Propane BBQ with side burner.
- Food storage locker (not refrigerated).
- Parking for one vehicle. An additional vehicle requires a separate permit.
- A wagon or sled to transport gear the short distance from your car.
- A shared picnic shelter is located centrally near the yurts.
Inside each yurt:
- Double bed (pull-down "Murphy-style") with mattress.
- Either a bunk bed (single above, double or queen below) or a futon (double) with mattresses. Ask at time of booking.
- Table and chairs.
- Shelving unit for your clothing and gear.
- Cupboard with countertop.
- Woodstove for heating.
- Fire extinguisher, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Broom and dustpan.
A heated comfort station including flush toilets, individual showers and potable water is located next to the parking area. There are no en-suite washrooms in the yurts.
(in addition to your other personal items)
- Sleeping bags, blankets and pillows
- Food, drinks and a water container (potable water is available nearby)
- Cooking gear (pots, pans, etc), dishes, silverware and dishwashing bins
- Cooler for your food
- Slippers or indoor shoes (for comfort and to keep the yurt clean)
- Matches or lighter to start fire and BBQ
- Flashlight and lantern
To prevent the spread of invasive species, firewood must be purchased at the Cyprus Lake campground office or on businesses located on the Bruce Peninsula.
To prevent attracting animals inside, cooking is not allowed inside the yurts. Cooking facilities are provided outside on the deck.