Campers staying at the Cyprus Lake Campground can hike to the Grotto from their campsite. If you’d like to park in the Grotto parking lot, you will need to book a parking space in the same manner as anyone else.
Bruce Peninsula National Park offers superb semi-wilderness camping, in ideal locations to base your park adventure. Four different camping experiences are available in the park:
- Drive-in sites at the Cyprus Lake Campground
- Group camping at Cyprus Lake
- Backcountry camping along the Bruce Trail at Stormhaven or High Dump
- Yurt camping along the shore of Cyprus Lake
- Winter Camping at Tamaracks Campground
- Quiet hours are in effect during the camping season from 10 pm to 7 am.
- Daily alcohol consumption bans are in effect during the park’s quiet hours.
- Kindling or maintaining campfires after 11 pm is prohibited.
- During all long weekends, a full ban on the possession of alcohol will be in effect. The weekends when alcohol is not permitted in the park at any time are:
- Victoria Day Long Weekend (May 15 - 18, 2020)
- Civic Holiday Long Weekend (July 31 - August 3, 2020)
- Labour Day Long Weekend (September 4 - 7, 2020)
- Thanksgiving Long Weekend (October 9 - 12, 2020)
Camping in the park is popular during summer, so reservations are strongly recommended. Spring and fall are superb times to visit, with fewer people, and natural attractions including wildflowers (spring), bird migration and fall colours. Certain rules and regulations apply when camping at Bruce Peninsula National Park.