Since January 1, 2020, visitors can see a minor adjustment of 2.2% on many Parks Canada fees.
The Agency also assessed the current service level offered at Parks Canada places. Through this review, 21 sites were reclassified and their admission fees have been adjusted. Learn more about these adjustments.
Entry and service fees are charged at most national parks and national historic sites, where revenues are kept to support visitor services and facilities. This means that every time you visit a park or site you are investing in its future — and in a legacy for future generations.
The following definitions apply to entry and service fee categories unless otherwise specified
Adult - Person 18 to 64 years of age
Senior - Person 65 years of age or over
Youth - Person 6 to 17 years of age
Family/Group - Up to seven people arriving in a single vehicle in a national park
- Reservable campsites and oTENTik roofed accommodations must be reserved and paid for through the Parks Canada Reservation Service.
- Non-Reservable campsites can be paid by self-registration form at all islands kiosks.
- Payment options for first-come, first-served basis:
- Self-register on the islands at the green deposit boxes located near most docks. Fees can be paid by credit card, cash or a cheque made out to the Receiver General for Canada. Signs on the deposit boxes outline the fee details and instructions for self-registration.
- At the Mallorytown Landing Visitor Centre with cash, debit, credit or a cheque made out to the Receiver General for Canada. Signs on the deposit boxes outline the fee details and instructions for self-registration.
- Fees remain in the park and are used to improve facilities and services.
Fees starting January 1, 2020
|*||oTENTik - per night, Mallorytown Landing||$ 122.64|
|*||oTENTik - per night, Island||$ 102.20|
Island Camping - One Night
|*||Primitive with composting toilets||$ 16.05|
|Per Bundle||$ 6.80|
|Per Day||$ 9.80|
|Per Season||$ 98.10|
HERITAGE PRESENTATION SPECIAL PROGRAMS
|Per Person||$ 4.90|
Special Group Program
|Per person||$ 2.90|
|*||Day (expires at 7 p.m. on day of purchase)||$ 0.41|
|*||Overnight (includes day mooring)||$ 0.92|
|*||Season - Rental Houseboats||$ 15.02|
|*||Commercial Season||$ 20.03|
|Dinghy Beaching Permit (with purchase of seasonal mooring permit)||$ 14.70|
|Mooring Buoys||$ 19.60|
|Seasonal beaching permit (canoes, kayaks and paddle-boards)||$ 29.00|
|Seasonal beaching permit - Commercial (canoes, kayaks and paddle-boards)||$ 43.50|
|*||Online Reservation, Modification or Cancellation||$ 11.50|
|*||Reservation, Modification or Cancellation by phone||$ 13.50|
|Per Vehicle||$ 6.80|
|Vehicle and Boat Trailer (includes boat launching)||$ 19.60|
|Per Bus||$ 19.60|
|Per Vehicle and Boat Trailer (includes boat launching)||$ 215.80|
Free admission for youth 17 and under
As of January 1, 2018, admission to Parks Canada places for youth 17 and under is free! There’s no better time to create lasting memories with the whole family.
What is free?
Admission to all national parks, national historic sites, and national marine conservation areas operated by Parks Canada will be provided free of charge.
Free admission for youth only applies to places managed by Parks Canada. It does not apply to provincial parks, territorial parks, municipal and private parks, nor to the many historic sites not managed by Parks Canada.
Please refer to the full list of Parks Canada places before you plan your visit to take advantage of free admission for youth.
What is not free?
Parks Canada is pleased to offer free admission for youth at our parks and sites, however regular fees still apply for other experiences and services, such as:
- Camping, backcountry and other accommodations
- Canadian Rockies Hot Springs
- Northern Park Backcountry Camping and Excursion Permit
- Reservation fees
- Guided tours and hikes and programs not usually included with admission
- Some special event fees
- Backcountry overnight use
Note: This is not an exhaustive list. Please verify with the location you will be visiting for more information.