Permits are required for operating a business (guiding, outfitting), filming and commercial photography, research, landing an aircraft, establishing a cache or base camp or transporting a firearm through the park. Permits must be acquired through the Parks Canada office well in advance (some permits may take 90 days or more to be issued). Research permits are only issued in winter or spring.


Entry and camping fees are charged at most national parks. Most of the money raised through admission fees remains in the particular park where it is collected. This means that every time you visit a park you are investing in its future – and in a legacy for future generations. For more information on fees for Parks Canada places in Nunavut, go to the Fees page.