Aurora Cottage is named for one of Wood Buffalo National Park’s key features, the spectacular Aurora Borealis. In recent years, it has housed special guests and organizers of the annual Thebacha and Wood Buffalo Dark Sky Festival. Together with the dark sky observation circle nearby, this site becomes the annual gathering place for star-gazers and astronomy enthusiasts alike. The park’s status as the largest dark sky preserve in the world, and the vivid Aurora Borealis displays visible at night are reflected in the cabin’s style.
- Maximum occupancy: 4 adults or one family unit
- 2 separate bedrooms: 1 double bed, 1 twin over twin bunk bed
- Open living area: dining table with 4 chairs, loveseat, easy chair
- Screened-in porch with furnishings
- Fire pit and firewood
- Propane power for two-burner stove
- Battery-operated LED lamps
Note: Neither running water nor drinking water is provided. Please make sure to bring your own. Feel free to replenish your supply at the nearby Pine Lake campground, where potable water is available.